Sunday 17 August 2014

Exciting news - GB selection!

I had some great news this week when I was named in the Great Britain and Northern Ireland team for the World 100km Championships in Doha, Qatar in November.  Needless to say I was over the moon when I received my letter, and am very proud to be representing my country again.

We have two very strong teams, both men's and women's, and hopefully we can challenge for team medals.  I'm joined in the women's team by Ellie Greenwood who won the 2010 World 100km Championships, and this year became the first British woman to win the famous Comrades Marathon in South Africa.  Also in the team is Jo Zakrzewski who won silver in the 2011 World 100km and who recently ran for Scotland in the Commonwealth Games marathon in Glasgow.  I've been selected on the basis of my run in the European 100km Championships last year where I won the bronze medal in a time of 7hrs 48.12 which ranked me 4th in the 2013 world rankings.

I'm really excited about the race and very grateful that I've been given the opportunity to run, especially after all my injury problems over last winter.  So it's now down to 3 months of hard training in order that I can do myself justice on race day and not let the team down!

http://www.britishathletics.org.uk/media/news/2014-news-page/august-2014/12-08-14-world-100km-team/

1 comment: